Cleaning in the animal feed production
The zones interesting for the cleaning in an animal feed producing enterprise are: motors of production plants, dyes carrying lines/pipes, workshop, storage silos, pumps and valves.
- It can be assumed that analogous to „other“ feed manufacturers the
packaging plants are also soiled and are cleaned regularly.
- Pollutions which were mainly found are: - dried grain and flour residues (e.g. fish flour); frequently mixed with oils (from the production and the machines) - very colorintensive and colorfast dyes which e.g. are used for
colouring of fish food - usual oily and greasy pollutions from the workshop
- There is a cold-cleaning washstand and a high-pressure cleaner. In zones where due to the complexity of the plants or the high water quantity a high-pressure cleaner cannot be used the subject „cleaning“ is very much neglected. According to the information of the employees the big animal food silos have not been cleaned for decades.
- The typical workshop dirt is eliminated with a cold-cleaning washstand but until today a really satisfying solution for the cleaning of oily flour grain- dust deposits was not yet found.
- As usual, the „workshop dirt“ could be removed without problems. The result could be achieved even faster thanks to the application of an alkine cleaning agent.
- The typical animal feed production soiling could be removed easily.
Pigment residues on pumps and lines have also been cleaned easily and quickly. Contrary to the oily flour-grain dust the dyes was, however, more obstinate. Cleaning took a little more time.
- The ease, in particular, with which the very good cleaning results were achieved fascinated the customers.
- In order to get a higher performance of surface (reasonable if the customers want to clean larger storage silos) the use of a DP-/DH device would be appropriate.