Applications in municipalities / communities
The applications, especially in the municipal sector, are diverse and range from parts cleaning in the municipal depot to the cleaning of buses, trams, suburban and underground trains and regional trains to building cleaning and the cleaning of escalators and street lamps.Cleaning on and under trains, trams, underground trains
In case of maintenance and repair, heat exchangers, brakes, compressors etc. have to be cleaned underneath the trains.
Frequently, high-pressure cleaners are used, with the following problems
- High water consumption
- Splash effects and damage; water is spread all around
- The traction unit is positioned at an angle, i.e. the heat exchangers are not fully accessible.
- Certain parts such as heat exchangers can be bent or even irreparably destroyed by high pressure.
Advantages of low-pressure hot cleaning technology
- Gentle cleaning process with 8 bar
- No splash-back effects; targeted cleaning is possible
- Less water consumption
- The environment is not affected
- Fragile parts such as heat exchangers are not damaged
- The operator can get closer to the part to be cleaned and rinse it efficiently and in a targeted manner
- Dirt water collection tray with high splash protection and water recycling reduces resource consumption
- Can also be used for parts cleaning
Cleaning of Trailer coupling devices covered with dirt and grease in built-in condition to allow a visual inspection. Furthermore it has to be tested whether freshly pressed-in grease leaks from the bearing or the ball pin.
The components were cleaned in the assembled state at the carriage with B1200 from a pit. Very restricted space conditions and the collecting of the cleaning liquid do not make the job easy. After the first cleaning from the outside almost all grease and dirt could be removed. Furthermore the lubrication nipple at the coupling was removed and prepared for the holding of the ph-cleantec pistol by an adaptor. Thus the coupling pin could be rinsed from the inside with cleaning agent and hot water. Through this, most of dirt and grease was pressed out of the coupling from the inside.
By the towing device cleaned from the inside it could be tested whether and where the fresh grease leaks during lubrication. Without this possibility the complete towing device has to be disassembled/assembled; which causes an assembly time of approx. 8-9 hours.
At the daily use of escalators dirt and dust fluffs are caught in the stairs what – under certain circumstances - can lead to a fire. Therefore a regular maintenance of the stairs is necessary and a fire prevention cleaning has to be carried out. In case of a general cleaning all stairs are dismantled and cleaned inside and outside.
Till now these stairs are cleaned either mechanically or with a high-pressure cleaner at a washing bay. For this, a suitable washing bay must be available.
Advantages of the ph-cleantec cleaning technology
- Mobile system
- Low resource consumption in comparison with high pressure
- Can also be used for other applications e.g. machine cleaning with cooling lubricants
- Due to the re-circulation system and the low splashing effects an „inhouse cleaning“ is possible; this saves among other things way times and costs to a suitable washing bay.
- Short lead time due to the efficient flow heater; ready for operation after approx. 60 sec.
- The high temperature is a contributing factor for very fast drying of the stairs.
Application / Requirements
The street lamps, particularly the glass frame has to be cleaned regularly from soot spider webs and small animals or when exchanging the defective light bulbs.
Everything was cleaned manually by laborios handwork by means of a brush and rag. The time expenditure per lamp is approx. 60 minutes incl. disassembly, servicing and re-putting into Service. Strong chemicals and also high-pressure cleaners are not permitted, since the enterprises are urged to work environmentally friendly and without endangering passers-by.
A technically modified SRK with reduced heating and pump output. The systems are placed on a truck and are provided by means of a water tank; the electrical power is produced by an additional emergency power aggregate. With a sky-worker the employee goes up to a working height of approx. 7 meters equipped with a PI-brush and the necessary disassembly tools. For the cleaning only water is used.
- Enormous profit of time and work comfort. The total time could be reduced from 60 minutes to under 15 minutes
- No use of chemicals
Also in case of sectional cleaning of truck engines you save a lot of time and money. It is no longer required to go to the washing bay and to tilt the driver’s cab Forward and backward several times. With the ph-cleantec technology you are now in a position to carry out the required operation quickly in your workshop. The same also applies to radiators in buses, to swivel joints, retarders and so on. With the quickly changeable spray hose you are in a position to adapt to any situation without problems.
- The car does not have to be driven to a separate washing bay
- No damage to components as with high pressure
- No water into motors and electronics
- Dangerous “stable emulsions” not produced
- No chemicals
- Cleaning also at difficult to access points
- Safeguard of environment
- No problems with weather conditions
Sectional engine and chassis cleaning
In combination with fixed wash-stands ph-cleantec hot water low pressure cleaners are suitable for cleaning of parts and components. The variable pressure adjustment enables the cleaning of delicate parts like „thimbles“ as well as large surfaces. The car does not have to be driven to a separate washing bay, parts can be cleaned “on site”. Supplemented by various spray accessories the most different cleaning tasks are possible.
- Low water consumption
- Low pressure
- No splash-back effects
- No chemicals
- Safeguards health and environment
- Adjustable pressure
Parts/components cleaning in car/utility vehicle workshops
Anwendung / Anforderung
Leading automobile manufacturers recommend the modern, chemical-free, hot water low pressure cleaning system for brakes of passenger cars and utility vehicles. This method is the most accepted, most effective, most economical, most healthy and environmentally protective way of cleaning brakes, because all dangerous dust can be bound safely and be removed quickly and cleanly. The state of the art technique of the ph-cleantec hot cleaner for brakes allows non-stop operation. Flow heaters that only heat the effluent water ensure satisfactory dust binding and cleaning results. Heat up time even after the refilling of water are not longer required. The durable and user-friendly design helps to prevent operating errors and enables easy handling of the cleaner.
- Quick and efficient brake cleaning
- No damage of components in case of using sharp-edged tools
- Healthy and environmental protective cleaning method
- Ready for operation without long heat-up times
- No splash-back effects
- Quick drying
- Meets the requirements of the Employer’s Liability Insurance Association regarding cleaning of brakes and use of solvents
Application / Requirement
The usage of coolants is a real problem in truck Workshops regarding handling and disposal. The ph-cleantec coolant recycling collector offers enormous advantages. Collects the coolant during repair at the cooling circuit, deposits temporarily and provides for an un-crewed refilling.
Comparison of costs
- Between 10 - 20 litres have to be refilled without recyling
>>> 30,- to 60,- € / change
- Manual filling between 10 - 15 min
>>> 8,- to 15,- € /Change
Amortisation of KW-FK collector after approx. 40 changes
- Easy handling of coolants
- Ease of use
- Better ergonomy
- Coolants can be re-used
- Economical and quick